Friday, July 12, 2013

We get down on the 4th of July!

The 4th of July is probably my favorite holiday. Mainly because of the food and I like to call it my pre-birthday party. Normally we'd do some ribs but decided to try chicken, homemade coleslaw and semi-homemade baked beans.


Chicken:
The brine really helped keep the chicken moist but I wasn't very impressed with the BBQ sauce.  We also didn't move these to the oven. Earl moved them to the cooler side of the grill and kept a close eye on them until they were done. Over all, good flavor but I'd prefer some KC Masterpiece sauce on them next time! 

Coleslaw:
When I think of what coleslaw should taste like, I think KFC. This recipe will not disappoint you! 

Baked Beans:
Earl asked me to find a way to make the Bush's Baked beans better and what would you know, they had a recipe on their site! They were much better and even had my FIL, who hates onions, go back for 2nd's knowing there were onions in them. Yup, they were good and not much extra work.

We finished off this amazing meal with a fresh peach cobbler. It was my first time making one and it turned out GREAT! I ran to the farmers market and bought some fresh peaches for this beauty. 

(Yes, I know we are all mad at Paula Deen but this recipe is on point.)


Had to serve it warm with some natural vanilla ice cream!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment