Friday, July 19, 2013

Beet Salad with Goat Cheese

Each week I see rows and rows of beautiful beets at the Farmers Market.  I decided it was time for me to bring some home. I remember HATING beets growing up. Then I realized I hated all vegetables growing up because they were from a can or frozen. Now that I cook with all fresh vegetables, I see what I was missing!!!

After cleaning, trimming and rubbing the beets with olive oil, I wrapped them individually in foil and baked them in the oven at 400 degrees for about 1 hour. Very similar to how you would do a baked potato. Once they felt soft I pulled them out, unwrapped them and let them cool. Once they were cool enough to handle, I pealed the skin off of each one just by rubbing them gently with a fork. I placed them in the fridge to chill for about an hour before slicing them.

I topped the salad with the beets, goat cheese, candied walnuts and a store bought strawberry vinaigrette. I could eat this salad, all day, everyday! Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment